WASHINGTON, May 8, 2017 – Ford Brothers Wholesale Meats, Inc., a West Valley, N.Y. establishment, is recalling approximately 4,015 pounds of beef patties due to misbranding and undeclared allergens, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today. The product contains soy, a known allergen, which is not declared on the product label.The frozen raw beef patties were produced on August 26, 2016 through May 4, 2017. The following products are subject to recall:
- 5-lb. boxes containing four patties per pound of “MINEO & SAPIO BEEF PATTIES.”
- 5-lb. boxes containing six patties per pound of “MINEO & SAPIO BEEF PATTIES.”
- 5-lb. boxes containing eight patties per pound of “MINEO & SAPIO BEEF PATTIES.”
- 5-lb. boxes containing ten patties per pound of “MINEO & SAPIO BEEF PATTIES.”
The products subject to recall bear establishment number “EST. 4625” inside the USDA mark of inspection. These items were shipped to wholesale locations in New York.
The problem was discovered on May 8, 2017 by FSIS personnel while conducting label review verification activities.
There have been no confirmed reports of adverse reactions due to consumption of these products. Anyone concerned about an injury or illness should contact a healthcare provider.
Consumers who have purchased these products are urged not to consume them. These products should be thrown away or returned to the place of purchase.
FSIS routinely conducts recall effectiveness checks to verify recalling firms notify their customers of the recall and that steps are taken to make certain that the product is no longer available to consumers. When available, the retail distribution list(s) will be posted on the FSIS website at www.fsis.usda.gov/recalls.
Consumers and media with questions about the recall can contact Mark Strub, President, at (716) 942-3000.
Consumers with food safety questions can “Ask Karen,” the FSIS virtual representative available 24 hours a day at AskKaren.gov or via smartphone at m.askkaren.gov. The toll-free USDA Meat and Poultry Hotline 1-888-MPHotline (1-888-674-6854) is available in English and Spanish and can be reached from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Eastern Time) Monday through Friday. Recorded food safety messages are available 24 hours a day. The online Electronic Consumer Complaint Monitoring System can be accessed 24 hours a day at: http://www.fsis.usda.gov/reportproblem.
More personal injury info:
- Frozen Pretzel Hot Dogs Recalled WASHINGTON, Nov. 15, 2014 – City Line Foods Manufacturing Co., a Lancaster, PA. establishment, is recalling approximately 1,196,669 pounds of frozen pretzel hot dog products due to misbranding and undeclared...
- Beech-Nut Nutrition Recalls Baby Food Product Contaminated With Glass Beech-Nut Nutrition, an Amsterdam, N.Y. establishment, is recalling approximately 1,920 pounds of baby food products that may be contaminated with small pieces of glass, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food...
- Allergy Alert on Undeclared Egg in Jamaican Style Shrimp and Soya Patties The Food and Drug Administration announced on May 6, 2015 an allergy alert on undeclared egg in Jamaican Style Shrimp and Soya Patties by the Golden Krust Caribbean Bakery & Grill...
- High Health Risk! Picone Meat Specialties, LTD. Recalls Pork Products Due To Misbranding and Undeclared Allergen WASHINGTON, March 9, 2017 – Picone Meat Specialties, LTD., a Mamaroneck, N.Y. establishment, is recalling approximately 5,750 pounds of salami products due to misbranding and undeclared allergen, the U.S. Department...